It has been a really busy day, and even though it will soon be over, I still have a lot I need to do for tomorrow. Thankfully I just remembered that I haven't written my LOVE for the day, and that jolted me into action.
In the short time I've been doing this little LOVE thing (4 days now) I've become aware of an interesting little thing. I have been so mindful of all there is to LOVE about my life, and life in general. I'm always somewhat aware of what I love, it all sort of flits around my outer consciousness. But to be thoughtful about what I'm loving today, and then to use words to write why I love what I love, well, that is just making me feel even more grateful and blessed. It is a lot like my Gratitude journals I keep from Thanksgiving Day to Christmas Day. I love being that focused on my blessings. This little exercise in LOVE is sweetly filling my heart, a little bonus blessing!
And so, may I share with you, at almost the end of this day, my feelings of LOVE for The Sea.
Half Moon Bay, California
February, 2011
Shall we say it's because I'm a Pisces? I'm a fish and need the water.
Years and years ago I heard a song? Or read a line from something? I don't remember the source, I just remember the line and I kind of adopted it as mine: "I've never been a blue, calm sea. I've always been a storm." I think in my younger days I thought it seemed more fascinating and interesting to be a stormy sea. Well, I'm older now and I'm really liking the blue, calm sea thing. I've been through many storms, and some of them almost pulled me under. (I'd like to be done with the storms.) I've had to work hard through the years to learn how to become a blue, calm sea, and to learn that this is a better way to navigate through life.
Hummm...didn't know I was going to get so philosophical tonight. I could actually go on about the lessons I've learned from the sea (patience; ebb and flow of life; hidden gifts to be found). But I won't.
I'll just leave you with a question: How the heck did I end up in the high country desert of Utah?
*sigh*
PS: Just looked it up (thanks, Google). Fleetwood Mac. Yes, of course. The 80's and the storms of my younger life.




2 comments:
That's the thing about living (and loving) many different places. I miss the amazing blaze of fall in Missouri, the sea of pine green forests and accents of the South,(of course while in the east I never got over missing the mountains of the West), and always and forever, being born a Californian, I miss the sea. You leave a little piece of your heart wherever you go, I think. Whenever I get to the coast, the sound of the waves, smell of the sea, and feel of the wind makes me feel--well you know how it makes me feel, now don't you?
Velinda, I miss you!
Post a Comment