Lately I've been thinking about a family trip we took last year. Probably because last year at this time I was busy planning this trip. It was a great trip, I don't think it could have been any better. Well, having another week would have been good. We've had a lot of great family trips, but for some reason this one was very special. Maybe because we went back to where we once lived for four years.
So today, I want to say that I LOVE our family trip to Washington DC and Virginia last April.
Playing foxtail on the Mall
(Kind of hard to see everyone)
Even though we had an agenda, things to see and places to go, we took time to play around. Sometimes that meant we didn't get to do something else we'd planned, but no matter.
Williamsburg, VA
We packed a lot into our 8 days. We really put the miles on our rented van, from Baltimore to DC to Richmond, Charlottesville, Gloucester, Willliamsburg, Jamestown, Virginia Beach, back to DC and then back to Baltimore.
Monticello, VA
I LOVE that my kids enjoy history. I LOVE that we got to live in a place so full of early American history. I LOVE that we got to see old friends from our Richmond days. Those were such good years and it was so much fun to see friends again.
With my brother, Chris, a DC resident for 30+ years
I LOVE that everyone got along so well! That is always a little bit of a concern with the stress of traveling and the small quarters and the go-go-go so we can see-see-see.
Jake and the Washington Monument
I LOVE that everyone kept their humor and found ways to have fun. That is one of the great things that I LOVE about my family.
Our "Rivah" House by the York River
I LOVE that we were able to experience some non-hotel living at the rental house by the York River. I really do LOVE staying in rental houses and living like the locals for a little bit. This was such a great little house to stay in. I LOVE that I took the extra time required to find it, it was so worth it.
The James River, Jamestown, VA
I LOVE Jamestown. I'm so glad we were able to spend time there. We actually didn't make it to the recreated village but we did spend a lot of time at the original site. It has always been one of my favorite places on this earth, and this visit didn't disappoint.
Washington, DC
Yep. We had a really fantastic family vacation in Virginia. I LOVE that we lived there for 4 years, and I LOVE that 20 years after we left, we were able to go back.
Even though vacations are a lot of work to plan and execute and can be expensive, at this point in my life I can say that I have no regrets for the time and money spent for our family's vacations. Whether we went for a weekend to explore a local place, or went camping or got in a plane to go someplace, every one of our vacations have given us wonderful memories and have given us common stories to remember and have brought us closer as a family.
I'm feeling like I need to plan another trip! I LOVE the possibilities!




No comments:
Post a Comment