Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Samo!



I love this boy!!

Today is Sam's 21st birthday. I remember what a great day this was, even with all the chaos we were having with moving out of our apartment and into Grandpa Ogden's basement for a month before we went to California to stay with Gramma and Granddad for a month before we moved to Virginia for four years. Whew! But it was a wonderful time.

I know I have a lot of photos of you here, Sam. I could have posted WAY lots more! Enjoy!


Hospital photo. They pulled the pacifier out of your mouth and that made you open your eyes!


In your hospital bed catching up on your sleep.


Ready to go "home" (we were homeless) with Nico.


We spent about a month in Fairfield while your Dad drove the U-Haul to Virginia and found us a place to live. While we were there, Gramma held you in her rocking chair pretty much all of the time.


This is your crib in Fairfield, my old missionary suitcase and the luggage you've now taken to Maryland!


Kathy would come from Sacramento and loved being with you and Nico. Little children and babies were a novelty in our family then.


This is in Virginia in the little house we first stayed in, the one with no air conditioning so you didn't wear a lot of clothes! But look, the smile has started. The wonderful Sam-Smile that you still have. 8/87


The smile! 11/87


With Uncle Chris in Richmond 12/87


First "portrait" , 1 year old, Richmond, VA


This is a picture that makes my heart hurt because I love it so much. In this picture you and Nico were looking at me and when I look at it still, I remember how much I love my little boys.


Nico really wanted to take a picture of us, so this is one he took at Meadow Farm, VA 3/89


This is when Gramma came and stayed with us when Fred was born. 2/90


Niagra Falls 7/90


Being the Big, Bad, Wolf and Nico is one of the 3 Little Pigs 8/90


August 1990


I love this picture!
Nico, Sam, Fred 8/90


Our tow-headed son-shine 8/90


East coast cousins: Madison, Sam, Nico, Fred, Shea
Richmond, VA 2/91


Sam, Fred and Nico with Mom
Colorado Springs April. 1992


Remember this picture I took from our deck in the spring after we moved to Roosevelt? 1995.


4/21/08

And here you are, all grown up! Love you, Samuel J. Abercrombie.

Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shauna--I loved this blog about Sam. I have heard it said that is is the most beautiful man alive. But when I saw the picture of he and Nick, the one you said made your heart hurt--I have to admit that they are such beautiful children. My heart hurt and they're not even my own kids! The really important thing that I got from this blog about Sam is that I need to do the same thing for my kids so I can tell them how beautiful I think they are and how much I love them. Thanks for showing us the good old days when Sam was a baby.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!
haha what a cute little boy!