Monday, October 27, 2008

The Simple Woman's Day Book



FOR TODAY, Monday, October 27...

Outside My Window...There is a very small breeze, the sky is clear and there are leaves on the ground. When I took Jake to Jazz Band just before 7:00 there was the tiniest sliver of a moon.

I am thinking...how fragile life is. We know, on an intellectual basis, that trials and heartache will come at one time or another to each of us, but in those first moments when realization hits that HERE IS YOUR TRIAL, for me, at least, there comes with that moment a wave of fear and panic that it might be too big for me and I won't be able to "do it". I think that is the moment when we can gauge our level of faith in God and His plan for each of us. Do you suppose there is a way to live life with lots of faith so that you don't have to be tested? I have test anxiety... Just some stuff I've been thinking about lately.

From the Learning Room...Oh, my goodness, I don't even know where to start! Jake is home today so it will be a double busy day.

I am thankful for...the great weekend we had. We had planned to go down the mountain but it just didn't work to do that and we ended up cleaning out the garage on Saturday, for which I am thankful. And yesterday after church I worked on our family history (scrap booking) and I'm so thankful I was able to get a little of that done!

From the kitchen...nothing too exciting at the moment. I have good intentions of making cut-out-leaf sugar cookies with the kids but we haven't done that yet. Maybe that will be our coking class this afternoon.

I am wearing...nothing too exciting at the moment! Blue lounge pants, white tee-shirt, yellow hoodie. A vision of fashion (not!).

I am creating...another scrapbook page! It sits on my desk upstairs waiting to be finished. I LOVE looking at and working with photos of our family and the things we've done. It brings back so many great memories.

I am going...to pick Jake up from Jazz Band pretty soon

I am reading...hummmm...see previous post...

I am hoping...to get ALL the laundry done today, including sheets. Well, maybe that is too ambitious. Sheets can happen on Wednesday!

I am hearing...I really should write this later in the day when there are noises. I do this early and I hear the hum of the computer and the quiet of the house.

Around the house...a little bit chaotic, it always is after the weekend. We need to do a ten-minute-tidy and pull things together quickly

One of my favorite things...line-dried sheets. LOVE that.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: go to a funeral with my Mom for my Great-Uncle George. Have a good visit with the older boys while I'm down the mountain. AND make a Costco run while I'm there! That will be fun!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

These are some of the scrapbook pages I've completed now that my photos are more organized AND my art room is organized. I like to call this our Family History, because it IS a history of our family. The layouts are so much fun to see that I decided to hang them up for awhile before I put them in the books where they aren't seen. I need to take some of
these down, though, and put them in the books because I need room for the new lay-outs. I'm having fun!

2 comments:

Gone Gal said...

Are you ok? There have been about 3 consecutive entries you've written making it sound like you think the world is going to be nuked. While that might be Bush's wish, it doesn't fit with Cheney's plan. And any way, que sera.

Glad you had a great weekend.

Shaun at Oak Den said...

What?? I don't think I know what you mean. I am aware of some people who are going through some really amazingly tough times and perhaps that has raised my consciousness, but I don't think I've sent out any oh-my-gosh-we're-going-to-be-nuked energy. I don't use this as a political forum. I'm just happily cleaning my garage. We did refresh our water storage containers when we cleaned out the garage on Saturday. Does that count for thinking we might get nuked?!

And okay, the temptation is too great. Here's my political 2c worth: it doesn't matter who becomes our next president, it is going to be a very rough ride. Very.