Thursday, October 9, 2008

This, I love




I love that my children are musical.

On our home school path we have started the kids in band in the 6th grade at the public school. The boys have all continued with band through high school, specifically the Jazz Band. All the years of the Park City Jazz Festival have had a good influence.

Amongst the boys they play trumpet (Sam and Fred), trombone (Nick and Jake), drums (Sam is the drum king but Fred and Nick can kick out a beat), guitar (Nick was the original who influenced Fred who became the jazz guitarist for the Jazz Band, they both influenced Jake who is beginning to hold his own), and piano (Nick is fairly self-taught and Jake is taking lessons).

I love to hear the music.

And now Jake is pushing past what his piano teacher has assigned him and is learning "Waterfall" by Jon Schmidt, which is a beautiful, and ambitious, piece of music.

I am really enjoying hearing this music being played.

Not to fear--Abbie is on the musical road, also.

1 comment:

Gone Gal said...

I see a future employed Utah Symphony muscian.