

FOR TODAY, Monday, January 26...
Outside My Window...snow and ice and c-c-c-o-l-d.
I am thinking...about the fine line between being a parent to your children and being a friend to your children.
From the Learning Room...math, much to Abbie's chagrin, and more chapters from "Little House on the Prairie", and some writing, amongst other things.
I am thankful for...the snow tires on the van.
From the kitchen...busy Monday means chicken in the crockpot for dinner tonight.
I am wearing...levis and a tee shirt under a fleece jacket.
I am creating...a scrapbook of our wonderful family reunion last summer.
I am going...to get some bills paid today!!!
I am reading...Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin. I started this quite awhile ago and something in life distracted me. I'm going to get back to that book. I was inspired by hearing that Barack Obama said if he could take one other book besides the Bible into the White House, this would be the one. When it came out I heard an interview with Doris K. G. and it was fascinating and really got my curiosity going. This is a book I want to finish.
I am hoping...to take a short power nap at lunch time. I only had about 4 good hours of sleep last night.
I am hearing...Abbie practicing the piano.
Around the house...I'm going to tackle some of the stacks of books beside my bed. They need to have a new place to call their own.
One of my favorite things...Abbie's hugs. She read in one of her magazines that:
4 hugs a day are needed for survival
8 hugs a day are needed for maintenance
and
12 hugs a day are needed for growth.
This is according to the Hugs for Health Foundation.
(who knew there was such a foundation??!)
Abbie has this written up and hanging on her wall, lest she forget, and she is making sure that she gets 12 (or more) hugs a day, for growth. The up side is that we are all getting lots of hugs around here!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: A few plans? Quite frankly, I don't want to think about everything going on this week! (good thing I use a calendar so I don't have to think about it!) This week I'm going to plan to keep one step ahead and I'll be fine with that. Not going to try for much extra. Some weeks are like that.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Miss Abbie practicing her lessons. I am so blessed to have children who love music and enjoy playing their instruments. Rarely do I have to remind Jake or Abbie to practice the piano. They love to play.




1 comment:
I just love listening to those pecked out first tunes that so quickly become real music. You have a lovely blog and a very enjoyable daybook.
Post a Comment