

FOR TODAY, Monday, June 29, 2009...
Outside My Window...beautiful mountains! Blue sky! Rushing river! It's Snowbird, Utah.
I am thinking...about how much I love to be here, and how I try not to do too much thinking while I'm here because I just want to BE.
From the Learning Room...it is a great learning room here! I hope during this week we learn (re-learn/remember) that there is a God in heaven and this beautiful earth is a manifestation of His love for us. And I hope to learn how to be better at being still, and knowing He is God and He has everything under control. A few years ago when I was dealing with some challenges with a child, and wearing myself down in the process with my fretting and trying to "fix" things and choreograph life, this is what came to my mind one fretful day: "BE STILL" (sort of in a really stern voice). "And know that I am God, not you. I am God and I know what's going on and I have everything under control."
Lesson learned.
I am thankful for... 25 years *tomorrow* of being married to Doug. Wow. What a journey it has been!
From the kitchen...I'm going to try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible today. I did way too much cooking over the weekend and we can live on left-overs today! This is my vacation, too. Nick gets credit for the omelet croissants he made for breakfast yesterday.
I am wearing...a simple blue and white cotton dress.
I am creating...actually, while we're up here at Snowbird I'm teaching Abbie how to crochet so she can do some creating. I also have a quilt I'm taking too long to had-piece. For some reason I have it in my mind that I'm not a "real" quilter until I've hand-pieced and hand-quilted at least one quilt. By the time this is finished the fabric is going to be really dated.
I am going...to go on a hike today This is where "my mountain" is and I hike on it every time we come.
I am reading...vacation reading: "The Forest" by Edward Rutherford (who also wrote "Sarum" and "London" which I read years ago).
I am hoping...we can get another game of Settlers of Catan going tonight, but that we will do the "figure-it-out-on-your-own" version. We can advance from being beginners now, I think. We are late to get hooked on this game, but we're there now!
I am hearing...the river! I LOVE hearing the sound of moving water. We are on the 9th floor, but the Cliff Lodge is quite close to the river and the water is really rushing this year so it is a powerful sound. And birds. Sometimes I can hear birds over the water and I love hearing birds, also.
Around the house...we have three rooms and it is quite nice to have such a large place to come to. Today the rooms will get cleaned-that's how I know I'm on vacation.
One of my favorite things...laughing with my kids at funny things they say or do.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Plans??
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Nick's omelets yesterday:
The finished product:
Doug gets credit for being a father who knows his way around a kitchen and passing that example on to his sons. These sons will have grateful wives someday!
******************
Grandmother Wren will be hosting so you can post your daybook there
until Peggy’s return.
Normally to join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life
or to read other people's entries, you would click here.




3 comments:
Great writing! I almost felt I was there- sans your 5 little ones, of course! Sounds of a river rushing... and what is it like to breath fresh mountain air? I can only imagine....thanks for the mini vacation
Shaun, this is amazing. What a fun trip for you guys! There is something so wonderful about the more remote areas in Utah. With any luck about this time next year we will be heading your way to live. Down by the Y though and close to our kids.
Yay Nick...beautiful omelets! I love a dad who teaches his boys there is no difference by gender in the home. Just get in and learn to do it! Good for Doug and happy Anniversary!
Hugs, Bonnie
I wrote this morning and thought it was published only to discover it wasn't. Why do I have such trouble doing things that are simple to everyone else.
Yesterday, our Rel. Soc. president (who is also a bike rider--she does the Little Red Riding Hood ride also)
stood up and said we should all have a trip up into the mountains if we haven't already gone. She said she doesn't remember it ever being so green and then raved about all the wildflowers. She said they went on the Alpine Loop Saturday and it was so wonderful to take it all in. Someone then spoke up and said "I bet you were on your bike so you could look and smell and enjoy" and she said that was exactly true and if you are in a car you are whizzing by too fast to take it all in. So it sounds like you are "taking it all in" up at Snowbird! Enjoy your week!
Post a Comment