FOR TODAY, Monday, November 10...
Outside My Window...the ground is frosty. We had to scrape the car windows a lot before I could take Jake to band this morning. Here comes winter!
I am thinking...I REALLY need to call the garage door guy today and tell him what color I want the new garage door so that it can get installed sooner than later and we won't have to scrape frost off the car windows in the morning.
From the Learning Room...I'm thinking I need to do something different because we are getting into a rut and it isn't fun.
From the Learning Room...I'm thinking I need to do something different because we are getting into a rut and it isn't fun.
I am thankful for...well, my "Thankful-Day 10" post will be coming.
From the kitchen...sloppy joes, potato salad and beans on on tonight's menu, which the kids will help me make today for their cooking class.
I am wearing...Levis, white shirt, black sweater.
I am creating...not a whole lot because I have been cleaning out the hallway bookcases for a week and haven't created anything, except cleaned out bookcases, but that is very satisfying to me.
I am going...to pick Jake up in about 7 minutes and then I'll go to the gym.
I am reading...a book about a woman who was born in Somalia. It is very interesting.
I am hoping...to get ALL the laundry done today, done as in washed AND put away!
I am hearing...I just had Abbie turn the morning news on the TV so that we could hear the weather report.
Around the house...a little chilly. Abbie just turned the heater up. I told her to put warmer clothes on!
One of my favorite things...home made bread, toasted, dipped into hot chocolate, after playing outside in the snow.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: get to the music store to buy a new piano book of Christmas music for Jake, make a trip to the bigger "city" 30 miles away to run errands and take care of business, maybe we'll go to their library while we're there. How I wish a Costco would get built out this way...
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
I opened the cupboard of "Aunt Sadie's hutch" to take a picture of the variety of dishes inside. I love this old hutch and in these shelves are some mismatched dishes. Some belonged to my Grandmother, some to Doug's Aunt Sadie, some that I've collected. When this hutch was still at Doug's Dad's house, after he got it when Aunt Sadie died, there was a neighbor Christmas gift of a little ceramic deer that someone had given Mel, with a tag around the neck that said, "Olive, the other reindeer". I always thought that was so funny, you know, "...all of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names...". So when we inherited the hutch I made sure to keep Olive in the top shelf. And she still makes me smile.





2 comments:
I enjoyed reading your Daybook. It sounds like you have a full week planned...I hope it will be a wonderful week for you and your family!
great daybook!
what's the book called? sounds interesting.
Post a Comment