Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful-Day 26

Thankful

for

Thanksgiving Eve!

So here is the list:
1) beautiful sunset last evening as Abbie and I drove to Gramma's

Yes, I took this while driving the car. It doesn't translate really well through the car window, but for all our remoteness it can be very beautiful.


b) I finished my cooking at 9:00 PM. That would be 9 hours of food preparation because I started at noon. (I'm still in my workout clothes because I was going to go do some yoga while the cornbread cooked, but that didn't happen. Not especially thankful for that.)


c) the cornbread is made and drying as is the French bread (store bought this morning) for tomorrow's dressing (new recipe)


d) the pies are made: 2 pumpkin, 1 pecan, 1 apple, 1 cherry


e) the potatoes are made and just have to warm up in the oven tomorrow. BIG time saver. I hope there are still potatoes tomorrow. I may be sneaking all night and snacking on these. They are REALLY good.


f) the dough for the rolls is made and in the fridge, ready to be shaped into the lovely crescents that they are meant to become. I brought my Bosch to Mom's just for this purpose.


g) Little Caesars' provided dinner, for which we are Thankful. Nick was also here and he and Abbie did the pizza run, for which I was Thankful.


h) Gramma and Abbie set the table with Gramma's china, silver and crystal and it looks beautiful


Also Thankful
(but have no photo)
that Fred and Nick spent some time with us at Gramma's
(Sam was at work)
and we watched
Kung Fu Panda
(well, they watched while I was making pies)
and it was good for a few chortles
(the movie)
and Fred gave me one of his
stupendous shoulder rubs
while I stood at the counter
making a pie.

It was a good day.


No comments: