Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful-Day 17

Thankful

for ambition

and

perseverance.

One afternoon last summer I walked up our stairs and was met by some very untidy bookcases
and I decided to go through the books and let go of the ones we no longer need or will use.
These were mostly kids books and we'd out-grown some of them, so it was time to purge.

Letting go of books is not something I take lightly.
We have book cases in every room of this house,
except the dining room.

Once I finished with those two bookcases it gave me such a sense of satisfaction
when I'd walk up the stairs and was met by such order...


But a look down the hall was another thing.

A devastating
"when-did-the-tornado-hit?"
wall of bookcases
(yes, bookcases in the hall because there is no more room in the rooms!)





Pretty bad, right?

It has been nagging me for months to get these bookcases purged and organized,
but it was a mountain I didn't know if I had the energy to climb!

But thanks to the fact that I have been organizing my photos, and I organized the art room,
and I now wanted a place for ALL the photo albums to live together,
and I was ready to let go of MORE books
I tackled the bookcases in the hall
and sometimes it hurt my brain.

But I had ambition

and I persevered

and it only took a few days to do

and see how it looks now!



Pretty amazing, isn't it?

Now I have a wall of bookcases to purge in the family room.

*sigh*



1 comment:

Jen said...

How beautiful! I wish I had ambition and perseverance!

-Jen