

FOR TODAY, Monday, November 24...
Outside My Window...it is still very dark and quiet and cold in the world. Too early for normal humans to be up and about.
I am thinking...this is going to be a great week!
From the Learning Room...Abbie and I are going to continue reading a book about the pilgrims and Thanksgiving. One of my ancestors is Susannah White, who came on the Mayflower, and I love teaching my children this story and what it was all about.
From the Learning Room...Abbie and I are going to continue reading a book about the pilgrims and Thanksgiving. One of my ancestors is Susannah White, who came on the Mayflower, and I love teaching my children this story and what it was all about.
I am thankful for...sooo many things. I think I am especially feeling thankful for the freedoms that this country was founded on, even as some of those freedoms are threatened or no longer honored. It is a crazy world in which we live.
From the kitchen...I'm going to be baking MORE pumpkin cookies today. And maybe MORE pumpkin-y treats.
I am wearing...still in my jammies! It is still really early...
I am creating...my Thankful Journal for 2008. I keep a journal from Thanksgiving Day until Christmas Day in which I write five things every day for which I am thankful.
I am going...to finish cleaning up the kitchen. Jake has a band trip today and had to be at the school at 4:45 AM, which is why I'm up so early. I made him waffles for breakfast and Doug took him to the school. I do hear my bed calling me back and I'm trying to ignore that beckoning call!
I am reading...a new book on Pilates I bought last week when we were in the city.
I am hoping...that this week is a wonderful gathering of family and the food is great and the laughter is much and all will be well.
I am hearing...a Christmas oratorio playing softly on the stereo. I try to not "do" Christmas before Thanksgiving because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. But I do start playing Christmas music around the middle of November.
Around the house...a few pockets of chaos that I want to take care of so that we can decorate for Christmas after Thanksgiving.
One of my favorite things...pumpkin pie! And lots of it!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Lots of baking and cooking! Thanksgiving at Gramma's with Mark's family, also. Put Mom's Christmas tree up for her. Hunker down for the snow storm that is supposed to come. Saturday Doug and I will go to the Messiah sing-in at the symphony hall in SLC. This is our third year doing this together and it has become a favorite tradition. We've done a variety of local sing-ins, but we love doing this grand event with so many people who really know what they are doing!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...




3 comments:
I love your shelf. Great idea!
A busy week ahead! Have a great Thanksgiving. May I steal the shelf idea from you?! I love that you placed it near the door!
The shelf is beautiful. Very welcoming! Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment