Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful-Day 21



Thankful

for

Family Fun

in the City today.

Last night Doug had a meeting in SLC,
and not wanting to make the 2 1/2 hour drive home
close to midnight
he Pricelined a hotel room
and we all went with him!

So today we did some of this...

oohing and ahhing at the beautiful-
and sometimes only beautiful to it's mother-
ocean creatures at
The Living Planet Aquarium

(Jacob on the other side of the tank)

and some of this...


Petting(?) the rays


and this...

We crammed into the photo booth and I made gang signs...

And we did this...

Dinner at IKEA!!

we LOVE IKEA

When I went to take this picture everyone POSED.
Yes, they are all holding their poses.
I was even waiting for them to finish eating/drinking
then I realized they were all posing
so I waited even longer to see if someone would get tired
and break their pose.
But they didn't.
So I took the picture.
It is a fake picture.

And we did lots of this...

shopping-shopping-shopping
Look at the cute new recycle bags I got!
I was getting tired of my old canvas bags.
They are boring and dirty, even when I wash them.
Everyone is making recycle bags now
so I got some cute ones, the IKEA way.

Then we went to
Guitar Center-for Jake
Joann's-for me
Sports Authority-for Doug, and Abbie tagged along
all these stores were right together so it worked out nicely

and then we drove home.

I'm Thankful
we were able to have a (half of our) family day
in the city
and we are safely
home.





3 comments:

Jen said...

Shauna,

We were at IKEA yesterday around 1pm! We were on our way down to the Valley after my ultrasound when we saw IKEA looming in the distance. The urge was just too great.We had never been there before and Lee suggested we go. That was kind of stupid considering how I am supposed to be resting. But anyway, we loved it. I wish we could have bought everything there! Well, maybe not everything. We did buy some very inexpensive cute stackable glasses though. Afterwards I had to go lay on my SIL"s couch for about two hours to recover while Lee took the kids shopping. I rested up enough to hit Wal-mart with the family and make it home in one piece. It was really fun to go out and finally do something with my family. A great day for us both!

-Jen

Tami said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Becca said...

I love Ikea!!!

And the aquarium!

What fun!!!