Thankful
for
4 years done
and
5 books filled.
That means that while THIS beautiful sunset was happening...
and I did go outside and open-mouth-stare at how beautiful it all was
and I did try to capture that beauty with my camera
(but the real photo is in my heart)
what I had been doing inside my cabin
for two days
(after I had read a book the first two days)
was organize photos.
STILL DOING THAT!
Yes, I did take my trusty table up with me
and ALL the thousands of photos that aren't in a book yet
and my ihome with pod
and a portable DVD player with a stack of DVD's.
(and yes, that is Mr. Darcy keeping me company on the player)
Really, if anyone had told me last June when I started
that I would still be doing this in November
I might have been too disheartened to begin.
I'm glad I didn't know that
because now I am in deep enough
and close enough to the end to see the "light"
that I know I'll finish.
I thought that this weekend I'd be able
to get it ALL DONE.
I haven't ever had a HUGE chunk
of uninterrupted time to work in
and I didn't know just how much time this takes
because I've been doing it in
bits and spurts all these months past.
This is a very MILD picture of what the room eventually looked like.
I was up until 3:00 AM Tuesday morning because I was
DETERMINED
to get 1995 in the book.
And I did.
1992-1995, full years, are now chronologically in photo books
with notes and dates added
so that as I continue to slowly become
more forgetful (!)
no one will have to wonder who-what-where-when.
It feels real good to be this far.
The amount of photos explodes with Abbie's birth in 1999
and I haven't even begun to organize the thousands of
digital photos on a total of 4 computers (work and home)
but
I am really thankful
that 4 years of photos that nobody has even SEEN
for probably 10 years
are now tucked into their acid-free pockets
and available for my family to look at.
A good thing.




1 comment:
I'm grateful to finally know how to spell "Mim-sahib". Of course! I always timidly imagined Mim-sob, KNOWING I was completely off.
Shauna, you're a real garden of life.
Post a Comment