Thankful
for
my annual retreat
to the mountains
alone
for
my annual retreat
to the mountains
alone
(I always take a picture of my feet)
This is my third year
going to the mountains
and staying in a cabin for 5 days
and 4 nights
and doing whatever I want to do!
The cabins are pretty nice little rentals...
going to the mountains
and staying in a cabin for 5 days
and 4 nights
and doing whatever I want to do!
The cabins are pretty nice little rentals...
I think the hope is that I'll eat all my meals at the restaurant in the lodge,
which is only open on the weekend in the off season.
So I bring simple food to eat.
I made a cup of herb tea and wrapped up in my quilt
and sat on the porch
watching the deer
and the blue jays
and listening to the sound of nothing
as the sun finished coming over the mountains.
and sat on the porch
watching the deer
and the blue jays
and listening to the sound of nothing
as the sun finished coming over the mountains.
And last night
I looked up from my work
and saw the light outside the window
and grabbed my camera and went outside
for this photo...
I looked up from my work
and saw the light outside the window
and grabbed my camera and went outside
for this photo...
This was the actual light.
I didn't tell my Mom I was going
because I didn't want her to worry.
(Now you know I went, Mom!)
Truth is,
doing this always makes me a little nervous.
But I don't want to live my life
in fear,
and I need alone time,
so I face my fear
and I go.
And it is always great.
And I'm thankful that I can do this.




No comments:
Post a Comment