Thankful
for
running water.
for
running water.
I think about this often, especially after a hard workout
and I'm really sweaty and stinky
and I wonder
"What would I do without a shower?"
Back in my hippie-dippie days
(as I like to call them, you know... the 70's)
I thought it would be the coolest thing to live
off the land
in a cabin
in the mountains.
Hadn't thought about the running water thing.
When I think about my pioneer ancestors
trekking across the heartland
walking alongside their wagons
or pulling their handcart
I want to be doing that, too.
I don't usually consider the humidity, long sleeves, long skirts
and the sweat.
How sticky would that be at the end of each day?
In my 30's and 40's when I'd think about
the end of time as we know it
and being one of the valiant ones who survived
the destruction
and lived to meet the Savior
I would get pretty excited to be part of that.
Wasn't thinking about how the city water was doing.
Now that I'm in my 50's
I don't have the toughness in me
that I used to have.
If I ever have a cabin in the mountains
it will be one of "those"
kinds of cabins
from a kit
including a
garbage disposal.
When I do any significant trekking these days
it is on my bike
in bike shorts and jersey
made of fabric that wicks the sweat
away
and I wash all that
salty sweat off
in a shower of running water.
If civilization, as we know it,
falls apart
I'm in trouble.
We have our water storage
out in the garage
but
I don't think
it gets to be used for
showers.
I am
SO THANKFUL
for
running water.




1 comment:
Thank goodness "end o' times" has been delayed until right wing fanatics try again. Unfortunately, we'll be paying for their errors of the last 8 years with a rough economy, tanking stocks, some shortages. But we won't need to head for the hills for some time.
Keep your prayers flowing for Obama's continued wisdom and stregth. So nice to have one who is worthy.
Post a Comment